A few guidlines from Henri Gault ….
Looking into the past sometimes give you a much wider perspective for the future….
1. Do not “overcook” your dishes
2. Use fresh quality ingredients
3. “lighten” up your Cuisine
4. Do not be a systematic & dogmatic modernist
5. Experiment with what the new techniques have to offer.
6. Avoid long marination and aging in Game meats
7. Avoid Demi glace and heavy butter sauces
8. Do not underestimate dietary needs
9. Do not deceive with your plate presentations
10. Be Creative.
Henri Gault and Christian Millau are the principal writer and editors of tht prestigious Gault & Millau guide in France …. Henri Gault is also considered a father of the nouvelle cuisine movement …..